Saturday, 29 September 2007

WHY I DON'T LIKE CELLARS IS ONLINE!


^this happy!

After two years of fiddling about with it, so many lonely nights and pushing people's favour barriers to ridiculous limits, Why I Don't Like Cellars, almost the first short film I ever made, is finally online. It was the first time I worked with George, and the first time I met Ben. For N Dubz I Swear, you can see the cellar set again, as well as some of the tracking shots, and that shot of someone looking into the cupboard. Please watch it, we put so much effort into it even if it is silly and cheesy and things go wrong sometimes.

PART 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iet8Qu9jBpY

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PjayQaYSqg

PART 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZgxTsd3ErM

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDmc15Q4c5o

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq5ecQ1fGvI

You may also be interested in the photo album (thanks for taking them Ben!) which can be found here.

Thanks so much to everyone who had a hand in this, to Ben, Rudey, Carly, Nicholas, Nick, Al, Louisa, Rebecca, Fred, and my mum. Thanks to Josh for lending me a surgical gown and his really nice coat for over a year, and getting up and dressing as a zombie in a tutu on a cold morning while Emily and Chris and Lucy threw tomatoes at you (Christ this film has actually been in post-production longer than several relationships). without you it would have been appalling. It would have been, like, 2 hours long, on a phone-quality camera, with nothing but me filming myself kind of staring at people. Seriously.

Thanks especially to George, who believed in this enough to chase me up after somehow getting hold of the script (Chirst knows how he got it, I don't remember giving it to him), who stopped me making it with my terrible home video camera and two people who really didn't want to be actors, who was always incredibly enthusiastic and imaginative - the man cannibalised a bike and his childhood pram to create tracking devices. Even in the editing he would step in and suggest stuff that would take weeks to fix (like those goddamn flashing eyes), but made it ten times of awesome. Oh and he found the best way to upload it. Oh and he provided his own way better camera. So yeah. I can't thank him enough really.

3 comments:

el director! said...

Keep whoring the movie out. I like it.

Claudia said...

Yay. Yaaaaay. I've already seen it many times, but I am now procrastinating after writing something of actual worth and reading your blog. Also, in the past we emailed each other. I TOTALLY forget about that.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post's to be just what I'm looking for.
Would you offer guest writers to write content available for you?
I wouldn't mind producing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write with regards to here. Again, awesome weblog!

My web blog ... clear