Monday, 16 March 2009

Exciting things are happening

Haven't had time to post in a while, but exciting things have been happening. 

Firstly our Forrest Gump in a minute video went completely mental. It managed to get a million views in two weeks, and was featured on Digg, I Am Bored, College Humo[u]r, Fark and B3ta. It's been allegedly mentioned on Radio 1. ABC Good Morning America and something called Guiness World Records Smashed have asked if they could use it (although the Guiness one can't use the soundtrack, so it might sound a bit weird). The Independent made up for blaming me for youth violence by mentioning it in their "Life" section:



The Independent, Tuesday 10 March 2009, "Life" p.2. Yay being an idiot's guide.

Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic, but what made so many people decide that what they really wanted, right now, was a summary of a popular 90s three hour tear jerker? 

But anyway, because it did so well, we've decided to make another one. I'm not telling you what it is just yet, but we filmed it on my birthday, and yesterday we spent about 6 hours messing with the speeds and dubbing the first 30 seconds. For a minute long film it's amazingly epic.

Secondly, things are finally moving forward with my mysterious stop motion project. Does anyone remember that? A nice lady called Clare Porrit finally made me the models I needed. One bit looks like this:



While another bit looks like this:


It's all very brilliant and mysterious. 

Thirdly, I'm directing a play! This may not be of much interest to internet people, but I've never directed a play before and I'm excited. It's called Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and it was made into a very good film recently, and it's got men dressed as ladies and ladies dressed as men and rocking out and songs about genital disfigurement and all kinds of things. We'll be having video projections of paintings that look a bit like this:



And people will be wearing costumes that look like this:


I've never had costume drawings before. But yes, there will be lots of enjoyableness. It will be on in York for three days some time in June. Come see it. Yay!

I hope you are also well. 

Will. 


2 comments:

el director! said...

cool stuff! can't wait to see the next 'one-minute' video!

Anonymous said...

hey your blog design is very nice, clean and fresh and with updated content, make people feel peace and I always enjoy browsing your site.

- Thomas