Tuesday, 11 March 2014

WEBSITE! WEBSITE! GO TO MY WEBSITE!

HEY! YOU! 

What are you still doing here? Didn't you see the dancing robot? Didn't you see the polite but insistent instructions? I have a website now! It's way cooler than this one. This isn't a website! It's not even a blog! You're not even on the internet right now! Stop daydreaming! Sit up straight! Go to my website!


It has lists of films I've made and descriptions of stuff I've done that weren't all written in 2007. It has a nice neat layout and contact details and links to my YouTube channel and my Director's page at Indy8

Did you know I was represented as a director by Indy8? Well now you do. See? This website will teach you things. This website will bring us together. As a family. This website will save our marriage.

More importantly than that, 

IT HAS GIFS:


SO MANY GIFS:

BEAUTIFUL GIFS:


GIFS OF FILMS I MADE:


GIFS OF FILMS I EDITED:
GIFS OF FILMS I MADE BUT DIDN'T GET ROUND TO BLOGGING ABOUT FOR REASONS:

GIFS GIFS GIFS GIFS 
GIFS GIFS GIFS:

Ever since 1997 it has been my firm belief that every website should have as many animated gifs as humanly possible. And also MIDI musical covers of classic 1980s dance numbers, speed metal, and/or hardcore gangsta rap. Unfortunately, it turns out Apple computers have made it very hard to play MIDI music in browsers these days, because the whole Apple expansion and popularity increase was just an elaborate plan to crush people's dreams. But at least I've managed to make half of this grand vision come true by filling the page with animated gifs of films I've written, directed and/or edited. Hope you like them! Feel free to make the noises you'd imagine they'd make if they were making a noise. 

It was built in Wordpress, which is a much harder method of constructing a website than a heavily recommended website building thing in 2014 should really be. You have to go and retype bits of code when things go wrong, and things go wrong a lot. At one point I found an option in the administrative interface that, if changed, would instantly break the administrative interface, and the only way it could be fixed was to go into all the background data files, copypaste some code into a section that says "DO NOT WRITE NEW CODE HERE", refresh the site a few times, then delete the new code and hope it wouldn't have any long lasting effects. Making it do anything nice is like trying to carve a statue out of stone while you're carrying it up a flight of stairs. I still haven't worked out how to get rid of the Wordpress URLS, or make the website description "Will Tribble" rather than "Willtribble.co.uk" (without adding extra ugly text to the front page), or put a little thingy with my contact details in the top right hand corner. I originally tried to do it in iWeb, which is a lovely and easy thing to use, but it seems that Apple have pretty much stopped supporting it and using it is not encouraged. (see: dream crushing, above). But that's all grumbling, FORGET EVERYTHING I JUST WROTE.





(That last one's not from a film I made/edited.)

- Will.

PS the clouds behind the main site logo come from Horse Heaven! Nice link back to 2008! Don't read this blog any more please.

No comments: